You’ve probably heard the saying “Have your cake and eat it too.” Today it’s possible to include “flour” based recipes into your diet without the fear of gluten and high carbohydrates. In this post I offer you 3 amazing “flour” alternatives that are all Vegan, Keto, and Paleo friendly (and yes, all are gluten free sources!) You can start substituting traditional wheat flour with these great alternatives today!
First, let’s go over what each of those terms mean:
Vegan: The following flours are animal product FREE, they are plant-based
Keto: Keto is essentially low or no carb foods that help the body switch from burning glucose (from carbohydrates) to using ketones (from fat) for energy
Paleo: Paleo foods are ones that people of the past were able to acquire from hunting and gathering (pre-agriculture).
- Vegan, gluten and grain free!
- High in fiber (boosting heart health and may lower “Bad” LDL cholesterol) and full of healthy fats
- Keto and Paleo friendly
- Low in sugar with a low glycemic index
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission which keeps the lights on. Thanks!
Here’s a video on coconut flour
- Another plant-based, gluten free what alternative
- Like coconut flour, it may help lower LDL (“Bad”) cholesterol, lower blood pressure and boost heart health
- Rich in vitamins
- Gluten free, vegan, paleo and keto friendly
- Flax seed is loaded with nutrients especially Omega-3 Fatty Acids (for heart health) and Lignans (which may help reduce the risk of cancer)
- High in Fiber
- May find it cheaper to buy then almond flour and Coconut Flour
The following video is from the Mayo Clinic on the benefits of Flaxseed:
With these 3 alternatives you can start incorporating them today into your recipes! If you like would learn about my recommended vegan cookbook, filled with incredible recipes read my post here
Want to find know about some plant-based protein powder options read my post here
Like with everything else in life, do your diligent research and incorporate best practices, especially those that fit exceptionally well for you and your lifestyle. Cheers to your health, wellness, fitness and excellence!